Parenting a school age child in NYC comes with its own unique set of pleasures and challenges. We’re here to help you find the best of all that Manhattan has to offer your family, as well as to cope with the issues New York families face. You’ll find…
- School and parenting advice specifically tailored to your preschool, elementary and middle school child.
- A behind-the-scenes look at New York area kids’ classes, activities, after-school programs, tutors, test prep, academic enrichment programs, summer camps and more. We never just list them. We check them out for you—and send our kids there too!—so that you know what they’re really like. That means you’ll know the good, and the bad, so you’ll be able to make the right choice for your kids.
- Daytrips, restaurants and things to do that are fun for kids—and parents too!
- The best expert advice on everything from parenting to beating infertility, having a terrific relationship with your significant other and finding quiet time for yourself.
- A message board where you can chat with other parents about everything from homework to where to find the best of anything, whether it’s a school, camp, tutor, dentist, or music teacher for your child.
Please browse our menu to see what is available now and check in frequently for updates. We are currently conducting a survey of parents to unearth the best (and worst!) daycamps for kids and would love to hear from you. Please email us at GoodCityLiving@aol.com and let us know the name of your child’s camp, location, what you liked about it, what you didn’t like as well as what your child liked and didn’t like. Results will be posted as they come in so check back often.
Please, also, let us know about your best—and worst—New York experiences as a family. If you find a great place to go, or love your pediatriacian, or kid’s dentist or tutor or music teacher please tell us about them by emailing us as GoodCityLiving@aol.com. We are here to serve you and welcome all your questions and comments. We look forward to getting to know you, to forming an online community of parents just like you, and to serving and supporting all of your parenting needs.